Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Whipping out the Rubber Gloves

Today is a "me" day. Tiegan is spending the day with Judy, as she takes her to tumbling class at 5 and ballet at 5:30 Tuesdays. (I personally think it's too much for a 3 year old... one class is enough, but she was signed up without our permission -- a long story, and something I was really heated about so I refrain from talking about it).

Anyway, I'm taking advantage of this "me" day in the best way I can. I'm CLEANING. I know, can you believe it?

I won't even take "before" photos of the house because, well, it's just too embarrassing. Jason and I have been under the weather for over a week now, and the house is really seeing the effects. Dishes everywhere, tissues littered about, glasses half-full of water, laundry here & there... oh it's a sight.

I was even thinking about rearranging the living room, but I think I'll save that for a day when I have some help. Unlike when I shoveled 12" of snow from the driveway when I was pregnant with Tiegan, I know my boundaries this time. I'm trying really hard to refrain from snowblowing the sidewalk to the driveway at this very moment.

So instead, I'm turning off the furnace, cracking the windows (yes, at 30 degrees), cranking up the music, putting a bandana over my hair, possibly even putting on an apron... and going to town making my house beautiful again.

No comments: