Sunday, February 8, 2009

The new ride.

I laugh every time I say it.......

We got... a Cadillac! (pictures below)

It's a '96 Deville. This is just so unlike any car I ever would have chosen, but it met the requirements that we were looking to fill this time around. Inexpensive, big enough for family, safe, and... well, not a piece of complete junk.

The only downside is that this has the Northstar V8. Luckily it has proven to be good on gas mileage, for as much as we've driven it so far. For a '96, it's sure got a ton of gadgets to figure out. It's nice. I don't care much for the older body styles but it is a NICE ride. I love the plush leather and the HUGE seats. It is SO clean. I could definitely get used to it. It needs to be washed, and a new hood ornament is definitely in order. The hole in the hood looks pretty jankty.

There is one problem that needs to be fixed right away (like before I'm comfortable driving it on my own). Jason says either the idle sensor or the idle pulley needs to be replaced. It's a more minimal problem than in any of the other cars we've test driven so far. It's just that if the tach drops below 700ish RPM while you're driving (around 25mph or slower), it stalls. It always starts right back up when thrown in neutral, but definitely needs to be corrected ASAP.



I guess it doesn't help the glamour of the photos that our driveway is an absolute LAKE right now. There is nowhere else to park, either... so we have to park in this monster puddle. Passenger side isn't so bad, but poor Jason gets a shoe full of water when he steps out of the driver's side.

More photos, I suppose, when the Beast gets a proper bath.

Today is Tiegan's birthday party. We must start cleaning.

No comments: