Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Foodlust & Reno Dreams

My appetite has been lacking lately. I try to get all the nutrients I need, but I have to seriously force it. Just another way that this pregnancy has been totally different!

Nothing sounds good, I don't feel like cooking anymore, and I feel full after a few bites. I have been thirsty for cold, slushy things more than anything. Perhaps this is why I've lost weight the past couple weeks (even though I still feel more & more like a bloated whale every day).

I've also been wishing there were a stronger Rx I could get for my migraines while I'm pregnant. Right now I'm taking Fiorinal. Hey, nursing program friends! Here's a homework project for you: see if there's anything better I can take. I don't think the caffeine in this medicine is helping. I've been getting these awful headaches every day. Not quite full-blown migraines, but enough to make daily activity pretty miserable. Thank goodness Jason got me this reusable heat pack for my back when I was on bed rest. I can also put it in the freezer, and it's been heaven on my eyes!

As per LeeAnn's suggestion (thanks!), I have made a short-term goal list for the house. I think if we're able to make these few small-ish changes over the next few months, I will feel much better about the way our home looks and feels. Hopefully a lot of the stress of home improvement before the baby comes will be diminished. We're on a serious budget since I haven't been able to find a job and the photography biz isn't as lucrative as I'd like. Most of the concentration will be in the baby's room. Here's my list for that room:

  • Tension rod & curtain for closet entrance (there's no door)
  • Shelving/storage inside closet
  • Give changing table a makeover (it looks like this and there is this wallpapery stuff on the shelves underneath. I'll either remove the wallpaper & stick down a nice fabric, OR sand down and repaint the whole thing)
  • Find & "wake up" old rocking chair (I'm keeping my eyes out for an older/antique looking rocking chair and make pads for it using mod print fabric)
That will satisfy the immediate needs of that room, I think. Ummm. That is all for now.

2 comments:

Leslie Collins said...

You should try making fruit smoothies. You would be getting good food intake and they are cold. :) It's funny how each pregnancy is different.

Leslie Collins said...

You should try making fruit smoothies. You would be getting good food intake and they are cold. :) It's funny how each pregnancy is different.