Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Ultrasound-Eve

Tomorrow's the big day. I'm anxious for a few reasons...
  • We finally get to seriously start thinking about names.
  • I'll hopefully get some answers as to why I can't stay on my feet & am in so much pain.
  • Depending on what's wrong with me, if anything, I'll get instructions on what to do with myself for the next few months.
  • We'll know whether to start stocking up on boy clothes, or if we need to keep Tiegan's hand-me-downs nearby.
It feels like after we find out if it's a boy or girl, we can finally start preparing. Not only mentally, but materially. The room, the clothes, the gear, the name, everything. Not that all the baby's things need to be color coordinated or anything... of course there are always neutrals. I guess it's just the finality of it that will make me feel *ready* to prepare for one or the other.

I wish I were able to stay on my feet longer. Every time I'm up and around for more than 10 minutes at a time, I start getting awful cramps and feel like... well, gravity is pulling things along. I have to sit down immediately when I feel it. It's hard to explain. Like I said, hopefully I can get some answers tomorrow. If i sit or lie down for a while, I'm fine. As soon as I'm up again, the pain, cramps, soreness and "gravity" start again. I could just be carrying low this time around. It's frustrating and exhausting. I wish I could get more done around the house. There is so much organizing that needs to be done in baby's room (our current storage room), and our bedroom is FULL of laundry. I can barely take one step in there without tripping over something or bumping into a basket.

This post has been unintentionally whiny. My bad! I am hopeful for the next few months and am very excited for tomorrow. Even though it seems no one reads this (comments, anyone?), I will be sure to update as soon as we know something!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm reading :-)

i = jessica tackett

not that i'm trying to be a stalker or anything, i've just been blogging since high school and... well... yours is pretty and full of pretty pictures :-)

good luck at the doctor!

heather said...

I'm reading! I'm just bad at commenting...
You're at the top end of my list these days because you write so often. I love bloggers that write every day!! Plus, I like hearing what you have to say :)

I hope you get some answers and some relief at the dr's tomorrow.
My guess is a girl :)