Friday, February 13, 2009

Lovely Little'un

MacKenzie brought Ian over today for a visit and some pictures. I think I had almost forgotten how TINY newborn babies are! What a cutie. He looks like a featherweight, but I didn't hold him. I think I'm secretly afraid that I'm too clumsy to hold such fragile little newbies. I took a ton of photos, but here are a couple of my personal favorites.









I just love my 50mm 1.8 [aka Nifty Fifty] for newborns and their tiny parts. I feel kind of bad that I didn't have it when Tiegan was a baby. I don't have any photos of her as a newborn like these ones of Ian. Just plain old snapshots with zero depth of field. I guess there's a little guilt there, that our baby will have all sorts of high-quality photos as a newborn and Tiegan won't have as many. I think I might just be a little too obsessed over equality. My mother said I should just make peace with the fact that at some time, the attention and "special treatment" is going to feel a little uneven. Whew, it's going to be hard adjusting to having 2 children.

No comments: