Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Socked in

Yesterday, a sinus relief medicine commercial came on. You know the kind, where it shows people rubbing their faces in pain and talking about how sinus inflammation makes you feel like your head needs to explode?

I thought to myself, "Man, I'm glad I haven't had a sinus infection in a while. I hate that feeling." I was really empathizing with anyone who actually needed that medicine, whatever it was. I used to get awful chronic sinus infections - lately it hasn't been so bad.

Must have jinxed myself.
This morning I woke up absolutely socked in. My throat felt like it was on fire and completely void of any moisture. Thank you, sinus drainage! Wandering around throughout the day feeling like you're in a fog and having your head throb is never as bad as that feeling when you first wake up.

I must have jinxed Jason and my mom, too. I went downstairs to say good morning to J and was greeted with, "I think I'm sick." My usual good-morning was replaced with a crackly, "Me too." I emailed mom with the usual Hi-how-are-ya and learned that she suddenly woke up with the same thing too.

Is there something going around that I wasn't aware of?

No comments: