Thursday, February 5, 2009

What's going on in there, chickpea?

Whew.
I gotta tell you, this pregnancy has been. SO. WEIRD.

No appetite, and sick sick sick. Not nauseated, but sore. Very sore. And tender. I feel like I need one of those belly support bands. I'll be 5 months along in 6 days and I'm already waddling. I must take verryy litttle steps whilst walking to avoid discomfort. I can't just stand up straight for prolonged periods of time. I have to cross my legs. Crawling up stairs is the preferred method, rather than using my feet like a sane person. I was having such discomfort earlier this afternoon that I almost called Dr. Farhat's office to see if that's a sign of pre-term labor. But after some rest, I feel better. Seriously, what's up with that?

I'm still having a hard time with the car decision. I almost want to wait and see if anything better comes along, but I also don't want to miss out if the Subie happens to be the best there is, and someone else snatches it up while we're taking our sweet time.

I really wanted to spend Saturday afternoon cleaning the house & readying for T's birthday party, but we do have all morning Sunday. Her party's not til 3pm. My parents are keeping her Saturday night and bringing her over for her "grand entrance" to her "surprise" party Sunday. So, since we'll be sans toddler, I guess we could use Saturday to go car-shopping after J gets out of work (usually between 12 and 2). There are a couple vehicles I want to check out. One is in Carleton, which is about 90 minutes away. The rest are at VOA Auto Sales, which is about an hour away from that. Jason doesn't think it's worth it to travel so far for a $2500 car. But hey- I want to do all the comparison shopping I can possibly do so I know I've made the best decision. That kind of peace of mind is priceless - totally worth a tank of gas, if you ask me.

No comments: