Monday, February 16, 2009

5 month bump

Please ignore the blankets on the floor and the mess in the kitchen behind me. Tiegan had just gotten done playing "slumber party" and I have no excuse for the kitchen. ;)


I guess in the whole spectrum of pregnancy, I'm really not that big yet. I have only gained a whopping 12 lbs., and I think about this time in my last preg I had already gained almost 30. I still feel huge, though. It's hard to believe I'm going to get any bigger, which is probably the same thing I was saying at 5 months along last time. It's my thighs and butt that are feeling most of the "chub" right now, which means... time for new jeans. The ones I'm wearing in this picture... yes, I will admit it... they are maternity jeans. The ones with the big panel in front that goes up & over the belly. OH so comfortable. I'm not ashamed!

I am getting Braxton Hicks contractions quite often now, and although they're not supposed to be painful, they're pretty uncomfortable. The very nice ultrasound tech at my last appointment informed me that this would be happening more often now that it's my 2nd pregnancy, as my uterus is trying to get back in shape.

My hair is growing pretty fast, thank goodness. Right now I'm dealing with that frustrating, un-style-able phase. My goal is to have long, light ash-blonde hair once again.

Kind of like this.


Wish me luck!

No comments: