Thursday, February 26, 2009

Faux Posh

It's official. I'm learning how to sew. Right. Now.

Have you ever heard of the website Posh Tots? It's great. They have fabulous furniture and bedding and accessories and baby & child gear up the wazoo. But it's all stylish. Non-cartoony.

The only drawback is... it's pricey. Oh yeah. REALLY pricey. [For a budget of my constraints, at least!]

So, I am determined to start visiting the fabric store, and my mom's house for the use of her lovely sewing machine and sewing expertise. Because I'm fed up with seeing Winnie the Pooh and Precious Moments crib bedding everywhere. I'm sick of looking at Tiegan's bedspread plastered with Snow White, Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella's faces. I don't like knowing that with each overpriced item having a famous cartoon character's face on it, my child is growing ever-obsessed with something that is created and marketed just so we'll buy more overpriced things with this character's face on it. Dig?

I'm determined to copy these lovely, neutral, stylish things at a fraction of the cost:


Isn't the black & white damask just to die for? I think it would be great with the light green accents we already have going on in Sofia's room. Besides, I don't want anything too girly or pink. Poor Jason has enough of that stuff to look at every day!


And this, I think, would be great for Tiegan's room.

And for those of you without kids, or just wanting to copy some of the luxury items they have for grown-ups, check out the Mother Site: PoshLiving.com.

No comments: