Saturday, February 21, 2009

Hard Work Pays Off

Hi there. Me again.

I've been meaning, but keep forgetting, to blog about some of Tiegan's recent accomplishments!

  • I think the potty training phase is pretty much complete. Finally! The only type of "accident" she's had in the past few days was actually a false alarm - so she still tried but just couldn't go. We put her in pull-ups if we have a long trip to take, but I think she's ready for regular undies 100% of the time, very soon!
  • No. More. Bink. I cannot tell you how ecstatic I am about this! We promised ourselves she would be weaned of the pacifier by age 2, but she just wasn't ready to give it up at the time. We valued our sleep enough to let it soothe her at nighttime (and ONLY nighttime) for a while longer. She continued to need it through the turmoil of Jason and I separating, and I thought she'd be able to kick it soon after we got back together. Nah, she was still closely attached. We decided 3rd birthday was the absolute cut-off. We went through a couple nights with very little sleep, and 1 or 2 rough naptimes, but that was it. She's been bink-free for about a week now and I'm so proud she is finally able to sleep on her own without help! She sleeps a lot lighter now, and tosses frequently, but she'll find other ways to soothe herself and will be back to normal in no time.
Whew - I'm so proud of you, girl!

No comments: