Saturday, January 31, 2009

Big Girl Bed

My parents' birthday present to Tiegan is going to be a new "big girl" (twin-sized) bed. Since Tiegan is still sleeping in her toddler bed, which takes the crib-sized mattress that we stole out of her crib, we have been talking about getting her a twin bed. After all, the baby's gonna need that mattress back when we put the crib up.

My parents decided to go ahead and do that this weekend. They are getting twin bunk beds -- the kind that come apart into 2 separate twin beds. We'll be saving the 2nd bed for when the baby is old enough for it.

Readers: Where are your kids sleeping? I know several of you have kids right around Tiegan's age, at least within a year. If they've made the transition from crib/toddler bed to "big" bed, how well did they do? Do they need rails to keep them from falling out? I'm excited to see how she likes it. She slept on a twin-sized cot with me at my parents' house all summer, and she sleeps on a pull-out couch at her grandma's house, so I know she'll be fine as far as staying in bed goes. I just hope she's excited. I really want her to feel special (not jealous or slighted) when the baby arrives - hopefully this will still be special enough that she won't want to revert back to sleeping in a crib and asking for bottles! Yikes, has that happened to anyone?

Anyway... I'll post pictures when everything is set up and finished.

2 comments:

LeeAnn | {froggyleggs} said...

We actually put Lukas in a toddler bed at 14 months! No joke!! He was never really in his crib at night, mostly co-sleeped as I nursed him during the night for 12 months. So it only made sense to get a bed for him. I love the toddler size bed for his room, which is a smaller size room. The plan is to get a full size in the next house. That sounds really huge to see him lay in that, but he will have that bed FOREVER!! LOL!! Good Luck with the new bed!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.