Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The perfect accessory.

I think I'm going to have to stop window shopping online. All this drooling over things I can't have is just making me resent the way my house is, and it's not even bad. I'm too embarrassed to post photos of the inside of my house right now, because it's messy/not decorated... in summary, it's not up to my standards. Eek.

I wonder if I can get it "up to standard" on a budget in the next 3 weeks (in time for Tiegan's birthday party)? Really, I shouldn't be too stressed. We are only having 9 people over. My parents, Jason's parents, Jason's grandma & her husband, and my sister & her boyfriend & their son.

My parents have been over briefly a couple times to either stop by and say hi, or to pick Tiegan up. Jason's parents and grandma have only been inside the back door to pick Tiegan up/drop her off. T's birthday party will pretty much be everyone's first impression of our house and how we live in it. Why am I SO WORRIED about it? I don't want to seem like a slob. I'm NOT a slob. But my parents and Jason's grandma are the most difficult people to impress. If our house isn't exactly up to snuff, we'll be hearing about it for weeks.

"You know, in MY house, I keep a rug in the blahblah room so we can blahblah."
"In OUR house, I use blahblah to clean my kitchen because blahblah."
"You should really put blahblah over there instead of by the blahblah."

Lots of blahs.

So while I was writing this post I gathered up the courage to at least show you my bathroom, which I cleaned and scrubbed and scrubbed and cleaned yesterday.




Eeewwww. Just look at that shower stall (yeah, no tub). That's how hard our water is. I've scrubbed and scrubbed with bleach, but we're going to need something serious to get that stain off. That's probably years of build-up.

YES - we have a coffee mug (ugly, too!) for our toothpaste/toothbrush holder. It feels empty, like we should have a little dressing bench or at least a hamper. And it's seriously lacking decor and storage. I just don't know what to do with this room. You may not be able to tell, but the walls & ceiling are all covered in some kind of plasticy anti-mold paneling.

Oh well. At least the bathroom has me - the perfect accessory! HA.

2 comments:

LeeAnn | {froggyleggs} said...

Those same stores are ALWAYS on my mind!! LOL!!! Dont be so hard on yourself about your house. Jason just bought the place this summer and you just moved in there, what, in the fall?? And you're pregnant!!! Be easy on yourself! I know its only probably going to get worse as you get to the end of your pregnancy and the wanting of things perfect in the house with nesting and all, but maybe you can make a list and some small goals to do in the house. So then when you see these small, low-cost goals complete, you won't be upset with the progress. :)

Nicole said...

Those rust stains... girl let me tell you I have something that will take that off in no time!! Its a professional cleaner my grandma gets for me.

You also might want to try So-Bol toilet cleaner... we always used that at our old house where we often had rust stains on the tub.