Friday, January 30, 2009

Home Design Frenzy

My last post about eclectic, cottage-style kitchens got me browsing around and I started designing my dream-kitchen in my head.

I think I've decided that it would be nice, instead of having cabinets, to simply have open shelving with all my dishes exposed. (Of course, that'd mean I need some way cute dishes...)

Like this.


I probably wouldn't go all cutesy like this, though. I like the white, and definitely love the butcher block countertop. But the pastel colors are a little too "baby shower" for me. I love vibrant, deep colors. But this just makes for such an open, airy feel, doesn't it? I think it would even make a kitchen look larger.

I might even get creative and use one of these canvas-covered wardrobes to store less-pretty pots, pans and appliances I don't want out in the open. Oh, but it would be the kind with wire shelves.

I think my next house is going to have to be custom built for all the ideas I have brewing in my noggin!

No comments: