Friday, January 30, 2009

Rugs... & Pregnancy Update

I got 3 of these yesterday for the kitchen.



They were only $2.99 each at Kmart. I LOVE these rugs. They are cheap, they are homemade-looking, they are random, they are colorful, they are eclectic... they are great. We had to get some non-slip backing for each, but still - I think between all 3 rugs and the backing material, we still didn't spend as much as we would have on 1 "nice" rug.

Besides, I have been hooked on this country-style cottage look for a while now. Especially living at the lake. I have really eclectic taste, and I like mixing old & modern.

Now for the baby update... DUN DUN DUNNNNNNN...

Everything's fine! Woohoo!! Back to normal activity on all counts. I visited Dr. Farhat yesterday morning for a follow-up appointment and he said if I had continued to leak fluid I would be in hardcore labor by now. It's also a plus that there was no bleeding whatsoever. He said whatever my body lost, it will regrow on its own and baby will be safe from infection... but he was glad I listened to my instincts. Better to be safe than sorry. He'll have them check my cervix at the ultrasound I already have scheduled for Feb 11.

However, I do need to rest when my body tells me to. I've also lost 3 lbs., believe it or not. I really haven't been that sick -- my appetite is just barely existant. I guess that goes to show that every pregnancy is completely different. With Tiegan, I was scarfing down everything in sight, and I grew to have a HUGE appetite. I could clear a whole dinner plate, when normally I keep my portions pretty small (er- NORMAL sized).

Speaking of portions, mom & I were just talking about that yesterday. She's on this new Seattle Sutton diet (did I spell it right?). It's one of those diets where you have to order all your food and have it sent to you. It's normal food, with normal seasonings and normal everything. It's just SMALLER SERVINGS. We Americans have gotten used to such large portions. Double- and triple-stacked burgers. I, for one, can hardly finish a whole regular-sized Whopper from Burger King (forget about the fries) and people make fun of me for it. Sure, I like to nosh every once in a while, but I still believe in the "healthy serving." You eat smaller amounts, more often throughout the day, rather than 3 large meals. It's the way to go.

So, for all you people that have asked me since I was 16 - "How do you eat junk food and still stay so small?" That is my answer. Small servings.

No comments: