Monday, January 5, 2009

I Thought I Saw Your Face Today

Some of my latest musical favorites...

She & Him

You might recognize singer Zooey Deschanel from such movies as Yes Man, Failure to Launch (she's the crazy roommate trying to kill the mockingbird), and Elf. I saw her as an actress first and loved her, then when I learned she was the voice behind She & Him I was thrilled.


Lily Allen

She's a goofball and I love that. I kinda liked her hits when they first came out a while back, but I've been listening more to the rest of her albums the past couple days. The songs that haven't made it to singles are just as fun. I think she might be the reason, subconsciously, that I chose to chop myself some monster bangs.


Sia

I don't even care if Some People Have Real Problems is on the top 100 "pop" albums on iTunes. I don't usually listen to music that such authorities as iTunes categorize as "pop" (with the exception of Lily Allen, but you have to admit she's just different). But this chick has a voice that might surprise you. So powerful when she really lets loose. Such songs as The Girl You Lost to Cocaine showcase her talent.


This has been a chick-fest. Next time I write a music-related post, I'll try to show more variety. ;)

No comments: