Friday, January 16, 2009

fruit, fruit, FRUIT!




GIVE ME CITRUS!!! It's what I've been craving like nuts lately. Ice cold citrusy things. If they made Starbursts, only like ice cubes, that would be my perfect snack. Maybe I should freeze some orange juice in my ice cube trays. I have frozen limeade and grapefruit juice concentrate in my freezer, which I have been blending with plain yogurt or just eating by spoon. I made some orange Jell-O earlier using the ice cube method (instead of stirring in cold water, stir in 3cups of ice cubes so it sets up faster). I had a tough time dumping the few deliciously orange-coated un-melted ice cubes into the sink.

[ I cannot take photo credit for the snaps above. I found them by doing a search for "citrus" tags on Flickr if you'd like to try it out for yourself.

1 comment:

LeeAnn | {froggyleggs} said...

I also have a huge craving for citrus fruit!! That grapefruit looks MIGHTY good!!! I would love to eat some grapefruit too!! yummm!! I actually have some in my fridge, but I had to fast for some blood work in the morning. Blood work for work insurance, not for baby. OH I can't wait till 10am after my blood work!!