Thursday, January 22, 2009

Chubbers

Well, it's starting.

My regular jeans (of which I will not tell you the size, because I usually just get a reaction like "girl, I should slap you!") are barely fitting anymore, even with rubber bands holding the buttons. I grunt and stretch and suck in and wiggle and squeeze them on, only to find that pulling them back down to pee every 30 minutes will be a total hassle. Also, the muffin top I've developed isn't all that attractive. Soon I'll be hitting up Aero for clearance jeans a few sizes up, to tide me over through the pregnancy and while I'm trying to lose weight afterward. I'm only 4 months along, yet I feel like I'm more like 7 months.

First, let me say that I am pretty happy with my body. I was tiny to begin with, and most people would tell you that I'm still petite. HOWEVER, I think you can all relate to feeling bigger-than-usual, whether it's having a bloated day, being pregnant, or just trying to lose a couple holiday pounds. You just don't feel like yourself.

One thing I miss while being pregnant is being able to roll around and pretend-wrestle with Tiegan (and Jason!) like crazy. I love [safe] horseplay and it's great exercise. At least we can still dance like idiots in the living room. ;)

No comments: