Friday, January 2, 2009

New Baby Cold Feet...ish

14 weeks today! At first I thought this was going to be an easy pregnancy, simply because for the first few weeks I had absolutely no symptoms and hardly had a headache.

Boy, was I wrong. In no way am I unhealthy, but I am living in Headache City. I really wish I could take Excedrin Migraine. Tylenol Extra Strength doesn't even touch this pain.

Other than that, I really have no complaints. Just a few minutes ago I was excitedly making an Amazon wishlist full of baby necessities that we, for some reason, have gotten rid of in the past couple years since Tiegan was born. Trying to remind myself that it won't just be the three of us anymore. We are going to have to totally adjust our lives. We did it once, and we can do it again. I'm pretty flexible. Sometimes I wish we had Tiegan in more of a concrete schedule so that we could work around that when the baby comes. Other times, I'm kind of glad we don't have a very rigid schedule. Sure, we mostly do the same things at the same times every day, but there's variation and that's OK. It's not like she wakes up at 7:42 and goes to bed at 8:58. Her adaptability will probably end up making it easier when the baby's needs take precedence. I hope she doesn't feel slighted. I also hope she doesn't feel too much pressure to grow up right away and become a fully responsible big sister. She's still practically a baby herself.

That, I think, is one of my main fears: having the capacity to treat both children equally and make it so that I have enough one-on-one time for each, while still making time for myself.

All that aside, I'm excited. Our little family will finally be complete. before I had Tiegan, I never really thought of having children. I saw it as some far-off thing. But then she came, and I love my life as a mom and family woman. I thought our little family of 3 was complete. I had just started getting used to things the way they were, when I realized that another child would only bring more love into this family. No matter how difficult it may be, we will all have each other. Our Christmases will be bigger. Our laughs will be fuller. Our family will only get better.

Two is the limit, though! After this baby, we're done. And I mean it this time. ;)

1 comment:

heather said...

I feel for ya Ashley... I had a headache every single day of my first pregnancy. Luckily, no migraines, which were common for me before being pregnant. But irritating always there dull and painful headaches Every Single Day of the 40 weeks. Ugh. I so feel for you!

Hope everything goes well for you as you grow your little family!