Saturday, January 10, 2009

Your Yelling is Not Helping.

Am I the only one who has to push the mute button when a Billy Mays commercial comes on?



His sales pitch techniques (shouting through the entire commercial) are highly renowned and it has been reported that company's sales have skyrocketed mostly due to his salesmanship.

I just find him plain annoying.

Jason and I used to quietly play ESPN radio at night to help us fall asleep. Now that Billy Mays endorses ESPN360, we have nixed the radio. The first night I heard his radio commercial, I was almost asleep (which is difficult for me these days). Then - bam - "HI! BILLY MAYS HERE!" and I was wide awake. The volume was low, but his jolting voice was enough to startle me. I thought it was bad enough when his commercials are on every channel I watch on TV... but now he's monopolizing the radio too?

Eh. So that's my rant for today. I really don't know anyone that likes him or feels any more inclined to buy a product because of his yelling endorsements. SHUT UP, BILLY MAYS!

No comments: