Monday, January 26, 2009

Boring Pregnancy Update

Not too much happening on the pregnancy front, so there's not much to update today. I have been feeling baby move a lot more the past few days, but it's completely different from when I was first feeling Tiegan move! Tiegan's first movement was a lot of fluttery kick-kicking, and this one seems to just be rolling around and making my whole abdomen tense up. It's actually kind of uncomfortable, which was worrisome at first, but now I know it's just peanut in there getting comfortable.

Mom was able to borrow a doppler from work the other day because I was a little concerned about the movement (thought I should be feeling more). We listened to the heartbeat, which she said was right around 150. Normal range. I was convinced that baby was moving enough when it seemed to be running away from the doppler! Every time we got a steady hold of the heartbeat, it moved to the other side. Silly thing was playing hide and seek.

I'm so excited for our ultrasound on Feb 11 to find out the gender. I have been calling it "he" and "him" without even thinking! I don't know if that's a sign. I will be thoroughly surprised (and happy of course) no matter what it is, because I am totally clueless. Tiegan and my mom are both convinced it's a girl. Jason keeps getting close to my belly and saying, "you better be growing a doodle in there..." HA.

I hope he's not disappointed if we have another girl. I know he will have just as much love for either one, but he has been really hoping for a boy. We used to joke that when it was time for a 2nd child, we'd keep trying until we got a boy! Yeah right. This is my last one for sure. I think 2 kids is all I can handle.

Speaking of Jason... not only did he get me that game I wanted, he cleaned the house on Saturday(!!!). I was pleasantly surprised. I knew he was going to clean, because it was our plan for me to take the laundry to my parents' house and he would stay back and straighten up since we had company Saturday night. But our definitions of "clean" are completely different. When I got home, though, I was ecstatic to see that he had even scrubbed the countertops, DUSTED the furniture, and took care of all the clutter sitting out on the end tables in the living room and everywhere else. Just had to share. Proud of you, honey. And thanks :)

Anyway, back to belly talk (sorry, it's on my mind today)...
I'm curious to see what will happen labor-wise with this one. With Tiegan, I was induced about 5 days early because I was just so uncomfortable and huge. Later on, at the hospital, the nurses would tell me I had severe hypertension and they were surprised Dr. Scott didn't do something about it earlier (thanks, Doc - I had only questioned it about 5 times before you finally agreed to induce me). I hear lots of old wives tales: some say that your 2nd baby won't be so bad, if you have hypertension the first time. I've also heard the complete opposite - that you should keep an extra close eye on it.

I don't remember much about my labor with Tiegan, because I was literally passed out for most of the 7 hours. I was blacking out between pushes toward the end, and Tiegan was "stuck" for quite a while. Sorry for the info if you have a weak stomach - we pregnant ladies are shameless. With that in mind, I'll be curious to see if Farhat is interested in doing a C-section. We'll just have to see. I guess all I can do is make sure everything goes smoothly for the next few months!

1 comment:

MacKenzie said...

Dr. Farhat will monitor the CRAP out of you because of the blood pressure incident. He told me he has like 9 girls right now doing the weekly bloodwork, non-stress test, whole bit. It gets old really quick but he is very good about being overly cautious. I hope for your sake you don't have to have a Csection but also that this kiddo doesn't get stuck. LMFAO And you're so right, we really have no shame.