Monday, January 19, 2009

Get in the car and drive

... is what I'd like to do right about now. Nicole's recent post made me start thinking of how we usually take impromptu road trips to South Haven in the summer. We don't make plans, we don't choose our itinerary beforehand. We just pack what we need for 2 days or so, hop in the car and just GO. We find whatever we need on the road or when we get there. As long as we pack wisely, we never run into any problems. Even with Tiegan in tow. I sincerely hope it's still do-able with a toddler AND a new baby! (Although a trip to the beach won't be too pressing, now that we live on the lake and all.)

I took this picture a while back and have been wanting to share it. Remember when we went to JoAnn's and bought a bunch of craft supplies for Tiegan? She and I made this picture frame together with popsicle sticks, glitter glue and little pompons(?). She calls them glitter balls. Anyway, we made it with the intention of using it to frame a picture of Tiegan with her new baby when he/she arrives. She's SO excited! She talks to my belly and hugs/rubs my belly every day. [in a very gentle/whispery voice] "Hi baby... I'm your big sister and I'm going to teach you to ______."


I think it's just too cute. She picked where everything should go, I just helped her with the right amount of glue and everything.

Also, we bought this yesterday for Tiegan's birthday party (not until February 8th). I'm going to have a hard time holding myself back! Hell... the cake mix was only 97¢ at Kroger.


I think the pink frosting will be cute. And will go well with the confetti cake. I'm trying to think of creative ways to decorate, so it's not just a plain pink layer cake with "happy birthday" written on it. Any ideas?? Please feel free to comment!

1 comment:

MacKenzie said...

So I just found your blog that you actually write on. LOL And I totally didn't know Tiegan's bday was the 8th. Her and Ian might share!