Monday, June 1, 2009

Clothes & Cramps



This was our bedroom yesterday morning. That is all CLEAN laundry! Count 'em... 6 baskets full. When we finally got the washer and dryer installed & fully functional last weekend, I went crazy and did all the laundry in the house. And that's not all of it. There were also piles that I was working on folding in the living room, and I think at the time I took this picture, I also had loads going in both the washer & dryer. Yep. We have a lot of clothes.

I think it's time to sort through and start donating things to Goodwill.

We are finally almost through putting everything in its proper place, thanks to my sweet sweet husband and his enormous amount of volunteerism this past weekend. I've been pretty helpless lately.

Very sore this morning from all the cramps/braxton-hicks/whatever-you-want-to-call-them over the weekend. I would have them every 10 minutes (or less - sometimes even 5 minutes apart) if I was up & moving around, but they slowed to every 1/2 hour when I was recumbent. Last night they were waking me up every half hour. That's the 2nd night in a row they've been uncomfortable enough to wake me. Despite advice to make a visit up to Labor&Delivery to get checked out, I've decided to just lay low and see what happens.

I know they'll check me out, tell me I'm fine, and send me home anyway.

Now, as I'm preparing for work on this dreary Monday morning, I'm thinking I might just warn my co-workers upon my arrival that I might be needing to leave early today. The rule with braxton-hicks is that you're supposed to get checked if you have more than 4 in an hour.

So. Guess we'll just see what happens!

1 comment:

LeeAnn | {froggyleggs} said...

I will tell ya that I just questioned the difference in pain when it comes to 'these' contractions. I explained they are just like a hardening feeling and I know the difference between this and a 'real' contraction. My doctor instructed me, no matter the level, If I have 5 in an hour, to see myself up to L&D. Im guessing I would actually probably end up watching this for 2-3 hours, but do rest to see if they go away. It sounds like it does lighten up for you when you do rest, so that is good. :)