Monday, June 1, 2009

OMG! Wait... nope.

It was in the cards, I guess... today I did make a trip up to Labor & Delivery.

After being at work for roughly 3 hours and my contractions not letting up, I finally decided to bite the bullet and go in to be checked. My co-workers and boss are really quite understanding, and thankfully it was a REALLY slow day. I was fairly certain I'd just get sent home from the hospital, but at least it would be with some sort of idea as to where I'm at and what's going on.

So here's the skinny:
  • I was having real contractions, and they were pretty regular, but they weren't intense enough to dilate me any more than 1cm.
  • I was given IV fluids (just in case I was dehydrated; no other reason) and 1 shot of Terbutaline - to relax the contractions & make my life less miserable.
  • There were supposed to be 3 rounds of Terbutaline, but I politely refused the last 2 because the 1st one made me extremely shaky (a few hours later and still having tremors). Oh yeah and I'm a baby with needles.
  • Contractions lessened, although still mildly present. Sent home on activity as normal and have a follow-up appt with my doc Friday.
There you have it. I really doubt I'm going to make it all the way to my due date of July 3. Any predictions out there?

Oh yeah and this guy was hanging out on our dock when we got home. Looks kind of like a grumpy old man. I didn't get close enough to find out... I hear the cranes around here are pretty darn grumpy.


1 comment:

LeeAnn | {froggyleggs} said...

Im glad you made ur way to L&D to make sure things were okay. Hopefully things will lighten up some for ya. For just a little bit longer. :) Do you have a baby poll out yet for dates and all??