Friday, June 5, 2009

Let's Play a Game

Hello, MegaBitch... what have you done with Ashley?

I am more irritable than ever. The thing is, I realize it, and I hate myself for it. I feel guilty for being so damn emotional, but I can't help it. The end is nigh and I'm feeling the effects. I have been pretty normal up until now.

Every time I snap at someone, I immediately follow up with, "I'm so sorry. I can't help it."

My entire body was extremely sensitive last night (ticklish/itchy/I don't know), and in bed while Jason was trying to cuddle with me, I kept jerking away.
"Please don't touch me. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."

I almost cried at work this afternoon when I found out my mom, who had promised she'd go with me, had forgotten about my doctor's appointment because she was busy running errands for/with my sister. I held it together until I left the building & called Jason, who is excellent at calming me down. I felt like I could just lose it and would completely embarrass myself at work. He is wonderful, and of course made me smile as always.

I made it through my doctor's appointment like a champ on my own, though. It was just my regular 36-week checkup, but I wanted to address the issue of maybe having an ultrasound to see if the baby might be big enough to merit a C-section (since Tiegan was large and subsequently got stuck during delivery). Everything looks OK @ this point. My concerns were recognized and I left feeling like I was at least listened to... a little bit.

So, I will roam about the world still pregnant until at least next week, unless I go into labor naturally before then (which is highly likely with as much running around as I do). Guess we play the waiting game.

No comments: