Monday, June 8, 2009

Neverending Home Improvement

Now that this side of the living room is straightened up (save for a few random cups/glasses/towels and the last of the Oreos... haha)...



It's time to work on the other half.



Behind that blue chair (next to the DVD rack... where you can see the green broom handle sticking out) is Tiegan's stash of toys to be moved to the cubby we got the other day. I still don't know where we're going to place that retro orange chair. And my goodness - I have a ton of laundry to put away.

As for the "clean" side of the living room... it looks so sparse. I didn't realize how empty it looks until I saw the picture. We definitely need some framed family photos & artwork. The whole wall above the couch is bare, too.

Oh, did you notice my ugly couch? HA... actually, I love the shape of this couch - but my parents got it for us at a yard sale type deal and it's old and scratchy. We are still looking for a slipcover, but they are expensive & I think I would like to just drape a stylish quilt over it. Any ideas?

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I've watched enough Trading Spaces to tell you that homemade slipcovers are easy enough (although perhaps not for the about-to-pop-pregnant lady... seems like a lot of contorting;-) If you have access to a sewing machine, I think it's pretty much drape fabric, pin where the tucks and gathers are, and sew up those seams from the inside. you could even use a flat sheet!

Carina said...

Nice post.!! I am excited to see your entire home decoration.