Sunday, June 14, 2009

No Trespassing

They're baaa-ack.

The annoying people that come over to use our dock, that is.

It used to just be that one kid. And maybe a friend of his, once in a while. Now, the whole damn family comes over. He sometimes brings a chair; his mom, a cup of coffee.

Our landlords, who are also our neighbors, were outside talking to them last night (they conveniently arrived just as the sun was starting to come out; right when I was about to sit on my porch and write in my journal). So we kind of gathered that they're on a friendly basis. Damn.

I guess we're just going to have to ask that they only use our yard/dock when we're not at home. I really, honestly DON'T CARE if they come over during the week. I'm too busy to care. But on a gorgeous Sunday afternoon, when we're all finally home together and can utilize the perfect lake access that we have, I really don't want to start heading outside to see strangers in my yard.

I'm a nice person. But I'm also a private person. Sure, I can be friendly. I don't mind chatting it up once in a while. For the most part, though, I'm a homebody and prefer my space to be exactly that. MY space. Like I've mentioned before, we pay good money for this little spot of heaven on the lake and I feel like it's kind of a waste if we can't even use it.

I was this close to heading out to my lounge chair a few minutes ago when I realized they were back. I suppose I could just go ahead and go out there anyway and ignore them. Then, maybe they'd get the message. But I really don't want to waddle my 37-week-pregnant ass out there and do that really awkward almost-splits motion that I have to do in order to plop down INTO said lounge chair.

Enough bitching. Beautiful day. Guess Jason has decided to visit his grandma who also lives on the lake. So, off we go!

P.S. Send me labor vibes - I want my baby now. :)

No comments: