Sunday, June 7, 2009

Future Dreams

People are telling me left & right that I should get myself as prepared as possible for Baby #2. Apparently it looks like I could pop any minute now. I FEEL like I could pop any minute now.

Everyone needs a good night's sleep (or at least a nap!) first.

I'm starting to feel different, that's for sure. Since yesterday, I've had bouts of very uncomfortable contractions 5 minutes apart, but they don't last. There's lots of pressure. I just feel... different. Doctor didn't seem like he'd be surprised if I went into labor before next Friday.

I wish I had been working longer and have had time to save up my paychecks to help us through my time off. I don't plan on being off for very long - maybe 3 weeks, 4 if I have a rough recovery. I'm thinking I may even feel up to going back 1-2 days a week after 2 weeks. I guess I'll have to have that discussion with my boss rather than the blogosphere.

We got Tiegan a booster seat for the car today. She just BARELY meets the weight requirements. It makes me nervous because it doesn't strap in, and she wears the regular lap/shoulder seat belt instead of a 5-point harness. I just feel like she's growing up so fast.

Before I know it I'm going to be in my 30's and I'll have teenagers. Holy cow. I caught myself daydreaming about that earlier today. On the way to the grocery store we drove by a graduation party that was going on in someone's yard, and I mentioned to Jason that it would be a smart idea to do for Tiegan & Sofia what my parents did for me when I graduated. I was given the option of either having a graduation party, or choosing a car within a certain budget. Whichever one I chose would be my parents' graduation gift to me. Of course I chose the car. I couldn't believe I was thinking that far ahead about my own children, though.

OK, slow down... let's get Tiegan into preschool first. ;)

3 comments:

Nicole said...

EEEK... not to be a Debbie Downer or anything but you might want to reconsider the booster seat for Tiegan. She really is way too young for a belt buckling booster! I wrote a post about child safety restraints awhile back http://oh-my-words.blogspot.com/2007/10/i-know-i-know.html and you REALLY should watch this to realize the importance of a 5-point harness for children T's age.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2LFo8vVi04


And, here is Isabelle's legacy page http://isabelle-broadhead.memory-of.com/legacy.aspx

Anonymous said...

The booster seat you linked is for 4 years & 40lbs at the bare minimum. Isn't Tiegan 3? Please reconsider keeping your daughter in a 5 pt harness seat. It's safer than a backless booster seat.

AshleyB said...

Just a side note... the booster seat I linked on the blog is not the exact one we got; I just linked to show basically what it looked like. Ours is 30-100 lbs and doesn't specify an age requirement.

HOWEVER... I think we are going back to the 5pt harness on the Marathon. I miss the safety & peace of mind it gives me, and more importantly to her, she can see out the window better in it ;)