Saturday, June 6, 2009

Done and Done... almost.

Thanks to my Mom's help, I got quite a bit accomplished around the house today.

This will be the new toy area for Tiegan. Everything has been sitting in the corner of the living room in baskets, milk crates, and random Rubbermaid containers. Yuck. We might eventually get some more canvas crates to go in the cubes, but these were $5.99 each and I thought 3 was enough for now. I kinda like how the green, natural & purple colors go with the Monet above - totally didn't plan that.


Oh, and my hospital bag is packed and on high alert, right next to the bed. (OK, it's actually ON the bed, but I kinda have to sleep there, so it's moving down next to the bed tonight). Cute, sturdy canvas bag for $9 at Target. Will probably transform into a diaper bag after Sofia's born.


Also got a towel rack for the bathroom, on clearance for $5 at Kmart. I love that freakin' place.


The other day, we got the changing table all stocked up & ready to go. I mentioned how I used pillowcases to cover the shelves because my fabric project didn't pan out. Well, it looks super jankty and I bought some cute teal and beige striped self-stick drawer liner (by Martha Stewart) that happened to be JUST the right width. That goes on tomorrow... wish me luck. (Oh, and I folded up one of Tiegan's old crib quilts as padding for the changing area. For the life of me, I can't find her old changing table pad anywhere. Ah well... you make do with what you've got.)


I'm so excited to meet my little chickpea and dress her in all these adorable onesies and nightgowns (uh, hello, cupcakes! How cute). And the smallest diapers I have ever seen. I swear, they are smaller than the newborn size diapers I remember putting on Tiegan. Perhaps because she was so large we never put her in newborn size diapers... maybe we started her off in 1's? I really don't remember.


Oh, and all moms should totally check out the new inexpensive brand of baby stuff at Target: "Up&Up." I actually don't know if it's just baby stuff, or if they make products all over the store. Either way, definitely worth a look. We got a huge box of baby wipe refill packages for seriously cheap, and they're the nice soft kind. I don't know you, but I'm picky about my wipes. I don't like the thick ones. They don't tend to cooperate with the pop-up containers. **End psycho rant about baby wipes.

That's enough housey baby stuff for 1 post. Until next time, loves...

1 comment:

LeeAnn | {froggyleggs} said...

Very cute things for the house! Whenever we get a playroom for the kiddos, we plan on getting those cubes too! they just are soo cute and can make things look nice and tidy when picked up.
I do like the Up&up wipes and think they must be the same as the previous Target brand. They arent making Target brand anymore. But I dont like the new diapers. We always used Target brand diapers for Lukas and of course they are all gone for this kiddo. Luckily we have stocked up on diapers these last couple months and have about 10 packages of the old Target brand. Nicole uses the new Up&up brand diapers for Hudson, and they just dont seem like they would hold the same. I dont see myself buying those, will probably buy Luvs when needed. Okay so there is my rant about up&up too. LOL!