Monday, June 22, 2009

Homeslice

We had a pretty nice Father's Day. Jason had kinda hoped to have a new baby yesterday, but I guess it wasn't in the cards. Early in the morning I had a couple whopper contractions and I do believe at one point I said, "Honey, I hate to tell you this, but I think I'm in labor."

They fizzled out around noon, though, and although I kept having random intense contractions throughout the day (no different than the past few weeks), they were nothing like the few I had early on in the morning. So... we continue the countdown!

Hopefully someday we will have the resources and energy to go all-out for holidays like Father's Day. Yesterday we kept it simple. Excited by the fact that I now have my own income and can spend my own money on gifts without having to cover it up, I had planned on buying him a present and surprising him with it. But I decided to make sure he got exactly what he wanted and let him pick out a few things while we were shopping together a few days ago. He decided on Family Guy Vol. 7 which just came out, and a few video games he's been wanting. Yesterday morning, Tiegan colored a picture for him and we pretty much let him decide what he wanted to do all day. That included a walk around K-Mart (one of our favorite stores, and we were hoping to get my labor going), a visit to my parents' house, dinner at Rudy's, and a swim in the lake. Throw in a ton of hugs, a couple shoulder/scalp massages, and homemade brownies... and I think you could say he was one happy Daddy.

While we were at my parents' house, Mom and Dad set up a kiddie pool for Tiegan to play in since they are taking a hiatus from their usual 3-footer above ground pool this year. Hence the big dead spot in the middle of their lawn where they set up a tarp for the kiddie pool (their lawn is actually gorgeous - don't be fooled!)



The swimsuit she's wearing is waayyy too small. It's hers from last year - the only one we could find at Mom and Dad's. We let her hop in nekkid for a few minutes, but figured she should probably cover up. I did get a few adorable bootie pictures for the photo album, to embarrass her with when she's older. HA!



Also, when we stopped over, my mom surprised me with crib bedding for Sofia... in AQUA!! I have been searching high & low for inexpensive aqua crib bedding, and you wouldn't think it'd be that hard to find, but it is. I just love the light & airy feel of that color. Mom has been sewing like a madwoman lately, and decided to take the liberty of making me the bumper in the most perfect fabric. I am picking it up today; what a great lady she is.

Speaking of my Mom and sewing...



This is a storebought slipcover for the sofa - but check out the striped pillows. My mom made those out of towels. They're super-soft, too. Love 'em! Doesn't it look much better than before? You can see the way the couch used to look, behind me in this photo.

That about wraps it up - I'm going to enjoy my new day off. My schedule was changed so I'm now working Tues 9-3, and Wed-Fri 9-4. Obviously I don't have that long to enjoy it, as Sofia is probably coming any day now, but I will probably come back to that schedule after maternity leave. A great season to enjoy 3-day weekends and soak up all this sunshine!

2 comments:

LeeAnn | {froggyleggs} said...

the couch cover looks great, and the pillows! Guess you wont need to make a trip to JoAnns either! LOL! Cant wait to see the bedding!

Anonymous said...

The couch looks awesome!

I've been sending prayers your way for a fast & easy labor. God bless you and your family.