Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Pork Chop

It's been a while since I've updated about Tiegan's growth & development. She is such a loving, caring soul. I could probably brag on her all day, but I'll try to make this short & sweet (just like her).

- The alphabet and counting from 1-10 are old hat. She is now onto spelling words and even recognizing what some of them say. She can count to 30, and backwards from 10 to 1. She can also write all the letters of the alphabet, and can write words if told how to spell them.

- It's no surprise to us that she LOVES the water. Last summer we swam in my parents' above-ground pool almost every day. This year, grandma Judy has a similar pool and of course we live on the lake. She could play in the water all day, every day if she could. She's like me, though... still prefers the shallow area where her feet can touch the bottom. ;)

- She is developing the attitude of a teenager. Sometimes, the way she talks back to me, I could swear she was 13. The other day, I was changing her clothes. She saw what I had laid out for her, stomped her foot and said "But I don't WANT jammies on yet!" I calmly informed her that those were daytime clothes, not jammies. Her retort, eye-roll and all (and I swear I saw a little bit of chicken head): "Don't you KNOW what jammies look like?"

- The sophisticated phrases that come out of this girl's mouth astound me. Some examples:
Me (opening the car window): "Is that OK, or is it too windy?" Tiegan: "It's enjoyable."
Me: "The car is making a funny noise." Tiegan: "We'll have to ask Daddy what's causing that noise."
Tiegan (wanting to get down from a stool): "Please let me down immediately!"

- Bossy Bossy Bossy. This girl thinks she is Queen of the Universe and can tell anybody/everybody what to do. The things she says aren't too bad - she's just trying to be helpful, but it's the way she says them that bothers me. I've just been trying to get her to rephrase. Any suggestions for how to do this are welcome! For instance, she'll demand that someone put their seatbelt on. I'd rather she kindly remind them.

- Her favorite color changes every day. She prefers not to play with makeup because she likes herself the way she is. She hates pop. She likes to brush her teeth. She loves to sing, dance, play kickball, and do puzzles. She is sweet and affectionate - so much that we have already had to explain what "love" is, and that we don't just go around telling everyone we love them. (like the cashier at the dollar store - HA)

- She already loves her baby sister. She will tell you that her name is Sofia Quinn and that she's coming any day now. She'll also tell you all the things she's going to teach Sof and how excited she is to be a big sister. My belly gets more hugs and kisses these days than I do. And I think that's just fine.

No comments: