Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Plastic, Plants, Furniture, Belly.

I love new water toys. I especially love the smell of new plastic. But I hear that's toxic, so no sniffing for me. Those toxic smells (like gasoline) have been especially attractive to me since I've been pregnant. Does that mean something? A little weird, I think.

The front of our house has been especially green lately and I'm loving it. The long/tall grasses are growing in beautifully, so I decided to get some flowers to brighten it up a little bit.

I bought a hibiscus plant that isn't doing very well. It probably needs specific care that I'm not aware of. Guess it's wiki time for me. I also got some beautiful hanging plant. I liked it because it was kind of oriental but also tropical looking. The name has the word parasol in it. That's all I know. (I am soooo not a plant person).



Jason's grandma got us a crib. We weren't planning on getting a new one after we realized there are crucial parts missing from T's old one. The extra pack-n-play should suffice once she grows out of the bassinet, we thought. But, out of the blue the other day, Judy called to ask if she could buy us a "real" crib. I hate feeling like a charity case, so I told her she really didn't have to, but she was welcome to if she felt strongly about it. Guess she felt strongly about it.



It's the Jenny Lind. Funny because I have actually been admiring these at the store. I have been more into vintage, cottage-like furniture lately.

The crib absolutely dwarfs the whole room. I think this house was made for short people.



This chick seriously needs some decor & style in her room. As you can see I was trying to go green/aqua, but haven't quite finished the look yet. I love this crib bedding from Dwell Studio, but it's soooo expensive. I'll be fabric-hunting at JoAnn this week to try and emulate that style.

And now, my belly.




3 comments:

jessica said...

Do you read Making It Lovely? She has the same exact crib and her nursery looks pretty much just like yours, architecturally. Scroll back a few posts if you need some decorating inspirations :-)

http://makingitlovely.com/

LeeAnn | {froggyleggs} said...

Hey if u want some help with making the bedding, let me know! I love doing baby bedding and did Lukas' and Brady's bedding! And curtains to match! I love the fabric that was linked and am sure you will find some cute ones to match your colors. Let me know! I have a sewing machine that is portable too!! :)

Steph said...

You look great :)

I also love any toxic smell.. gazoline... plastic... markers... Yeah, gross, right?