Sunday, March 1, 2009

Miss Behavin'

What happened to my well-behaved little girl?

The past week or so, Tiegan has been naughty naughty naughty. I think she's testing her limits. Or maybe she's getting stir-crazy from winter and needs to let off some steam playing outside once it's nice out.

Either way, I'm on the verge of a mental breakdown.

She seems to cry over the littlest things. I like to call her Sarah Bernhardt. The other day, it was "I wanna go on the BIG potty, not my little potty!" and the waterworks came. Last night, it was "I want to wear my PINK pajamas, not these sweatpants!" (after 3 cozy hours of already wearing them and being happy).

And to boot, she talks back something fierce. Every time I ask something of her, she disagrees or goes against me somehow. Some things fly out of her mouth that completely embarrass me in public, and I have no idea where they came from. Here are a couple examples, if you don't believe me.

This happened with my mom, at the doctor's office, as we were waiting in the lobby for my dad to pull around and pick us up.
T: "Mommy, I want some Cheez-its." (I had a baggie of them in my purse)
Me: "Honey we're going to Bob Evans in just a sec, let's wait on the Cheez-its."
T: (furrows her brow) "I SAID, Give me some Cheez-its NOW!!"

So that's the only example I can think of right now, but some things she says just astound me. She constantly defies authority and is STUBBORN thanks to her father. ;)
Undoubtedly the little sweetheart is still in there somewhere, because she can cuddle and kiss and squeeze like no other. But where, oh where, did my well-behaved, well-mannered little darling disappear to?

2 comments:

Nicole said...

AHHH! I'm right there with you, Ashley! Porter is in that same phase... he talks back like the devil! He crosses his arms, sticks out his lip and furrows his brow with the best of them and ohh... the things he says... its terrible. He has such an attitude lately.

MacKenzie said...

There must be something in the air because my sweet little Jocelyn decided to start acting like her momma. ATTITUDE Central. "Momma. Momma. MOOOOOOMMA. Daddy. Daddy. Where's my pac?" All day long. And what's rediculous is she knows where it is because she's hiding it. She's starting to play with her food instead of eating it. Egh. So far we have 3 timeouts under our belt and it's only 730pm. :/