Monday, March 9, 2009

Memories

After reading Nicole's Post about the photo book she ordered, I was reminded that I once had a grand plan about family photo books. I was going to create a family photo book for every year. I'd save up all our digital photos on my hard drive (backed up, of course) for a whole year, then I'd purge everything and make one giant photo book. Eventually, we will have an encyclopedia set of our lives. So far, I'm behind by... oh... 3 years.

I decided - hey - I don't have much to do today. OK, I don't have anything to do today. I'll grab some old photo CDs and I'll start organizing for a photo book that will contain shots from when Jason and I were dating, informal snaps from our wedding, my pregnancy & Tiegan's birth, and her first year or so. That whole time was a whirlwind for us anyway; it might as well go in 1 book. Then I will feel more caught up.

Going through all those old photos is really kind of emotional. I gotta tell ya, it was a fun trip down memory lane.

Here I am trying on my wedding dress. Can't tell I'm about 4 months pregnant here, can ya?


Jason and his groomsmen at our wedding reception 9-10-05. L-R: Jason, Tim, Chris, and Jason's brother Aaron. They don't look much alike, do they?


Oops, out of order. This one below was actually taken before I was pregnant. I remember this day clearly. It was within the first couple weeks we were dating. Jason and I took both our cars out (he had a Grand Prix, and this is my Celica) for a car "photo shoot". I was just starting to get interested in photography, and he just wanted to take sexy pictures of me with my car. HA. I look more badass than sexy here.


Jason trying to figure out what was wrong with the cold air intake on my Celica. I ended up fixing it myself later with a Q-tip. The sensor was dirty. That truck in the driveway is there because his grandma and her husband were remodeling our kitchen at the time.


The day after our wedding. We were opening all our gifts, and I was trying to look all cute and housewife-ish.


So there you have it... a peek into my past. Perhaps the next post will contain some more interesting photos. Stay tuned!

No comments: