Thursday, March 5, 2009

The Language of Design

Here I am, writing a blog from my mom's G5 iMac. Every time I use a Mac (which isn't often, because my G4 iBook spends most of its time in the closet since it started sllowwwinggg waaayy ddooowwwnn), my love of Apple is reaffirmed. I had fallen into a Microsoft slump, since an HP Slimline is my main center of work & play these days. It's the only computer I have with Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Soulseek, and all the other software I like & use every day.

I got used to the Slimline, and I thought it was a pretty cool PC. I even slid comfortably into using Vista every day - it is a copycat of the new Mac OS, after all.

However, I sit down at my mom's iMac (which, by the way, I persuaded her to buy -- yes, score another convert for me!) and I remember that I'm a tried and true Apple-onian. Or whatever they call themselves. iGeek?

Go ahead and think Apple products are overpriced, but remember this: you get what you pay for. I dream of the day I can afford to get my own desktop Mac. I'll definitely be shooting for a new 24" display iMac... I hear photo retouching on those is a DREAM. The depth of color... the sharp quality... can you tell I'm getting goosebumps?

No comments: