Wednesday, March 11, 2009

BP Ramblings

Usually, I like sparkly things. They distract me; I gravitate towards them. (A.D.D. much?)

But NOT when they float around in my vision all day!

I think I'm going to have to ask my OB about this. I'm 23 weeks along now - almost 24 - and have been seeing spots (silvery, sparkly, moving spots) almost constantly for the past few days. I don't think it's a sign of pre-eclampsia quite yet, because I have no swelling anywhere. (Unless you count my fat ass...) However, I did have that excruciating migraine the other day, and have been getting more frequent headaches again lately.

I also know that it could be a sign of low blood pressure. Other signs of low BP are dizziness, lightheadedness, and even fainting. These are all 3 things I have experienced in the past week. Of course I think the fainting (one time) was from an extreme head rush -- I went from lying on the couch for an hour, to rushing up the stairs and didn't take my time getting up. Anyway... I read that your BP rises at the beginning of pregnancy, and falls again to reach its lowest point in the middle of the pregnancy, and rises again toward the end. I'm right around the middle phase, so I guess it wouldn't be completely abnormal if I had low BP. Guess I just have to make sure it's in the safe range, which I will find out at my next appointment!

1 comment:

MacKenzie said...

I saw sparkles too. They started around 24weeks for me and lasted until the end. It was just my BP raising up slightly then dropping. And being anemic can lead to fainting, being really tired, sore, etc. Farhat will have you get your blood drawn every week. If your momma has a BP cuff (I think I remember you saying she did) grab it from her for a few days and monitor your BP. Mine was all screwy b/c I wasn't eating well balanced small meals. Weird huh. Sorry I comment on all your preggo posts like a crazy woman but I just want you to know I dealt with the same stuff and it would have been nice to have someone who could have given me some insight b/c Farhat was totally sick of me by delivery time. LMFAO