Saturday, March 21, 2009

For Your Eyes Only

Yesterday I spent a couple hours re-reading old handwritten journals. Well, not SO old. I can only find notebooks from the time Tiegan was born until now. I've been writing in them as long as I can remember, but I haven't kept them all, apparently. What about you? Do you keep handwritten journals outside of your blogs, for your eyes only?

It certainly reminded me that I need to lighten up a little bit, and take life less seriously. For the past 3 years, I've seemed to write only when I was upset about something - hopefully that's the case and I wasn't always that irritable.

Now, I'm trying to write about more everyday things. When I look back on these journals in 50 years, I want to remember how the air smelled to me on a certain day, or how the air felt on my skin. Those are the memories I'd rather keep. If you have journals, what do you write about?

No comments: