Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Belly Talk

Preface: Please excuse the hideous quality of this cell phone picture, and the boxes/mess in the background. This was taken in Sofia's room, which is still serving as storage until I feel good & ready to get it all cleared out.

I love - *LOVE* - this back support/belly band. I never had so much lower back pain in all my life until this pregnancy. I am carrying very low. I thought the braces were for... *ahem*... larger girls. Apparently I'm ignorant. This thing is a Godsend. Actually, it was a MOMsend - she bought it for me. I can't thank you enough, mom!!! It's such a relief. I don't even mind that it squeezes the hell out of my bladder. At least my back doesn't hurt anymore. ;)



It's hardly visible under clothing unless what you're wearing is tight. I do suggest, if you get one, to wear a cami underneath. It can be kind of scratchy on the skin. Here is the exact one if you want to check it out. I want to say my mom got this at Walmart.

Has anyone tried a Bellaband?

P.S. I'm still waiting to gain any pounds. It's very strange. My weight plateaued about 4 weeks ago, if not more. The baby is obviously growing, and my thighs no longer fit into any of the jeans I had been wearing. I'm not really gaining weight elsewhere, nor am I losing it. Shouldn't I at least be gradually going up? oh well - I'm not too worried about it. I'd rather be this way than gain 60 lbs. like last time!

3 comments:

LeeAnn | {froggyleggs} said...

I actually bought a bellaband this time around. Ive been wearing it with jeans since about 12 weeks and am able to keep my normal jeans on, just not buttoning or zipping them up. Im hoping the same will also work for the summer and be able to wear a lot of my regular shorts as well. But we will see how big my thighs get. ugh!

MacKenzie said...

My thighs got bigger as well, isn't that odd? Like I have to buy new jeans (I'm cursing my Buckle addiction right now) just because my thighs are bigger. WTH. And they aren't like "EW my thighs are gross" bigger. Just. Bigger. hahaha. I too was wondering how the weight gain went, since I gained a good 60lbs with Jocelyn too, but at each appt until like 34 weeks I'd gain maybe a pound. Then I started gaining 2-4lbs every appointment and gained 32 in all. You'll like it so much better this time around if you aren't huge and miserable with high b/p. :)

Leslie Collins said...

i have a bella band and i like it. it helps afterwards too. i would recommend one. glad to hear that the belt is working.