Friday, March 27, 2009

an Idol so soon?

We have an additional Gordon Ramsay fan in the house.



I'm the first. Normally, I wouldn't like him all that much. If Hell's Kitchen were all I saw of him, I'd get awfully sick of the yelling and dramatics. Thank goodness for BBC America. It seems that BBC's presentation of Kitchen Nightmares is much less edited for drama's sake than when it's on Fox, and much more sincere. I also get to watch The F Word, which is a great show. It's not just a bunch of Gordon Ramsay pacing about and yelling at his kitchen staff. There are guest spots, interviews, contests, and even clips of Chef at home being playful and sweet with his family. I don't see him as a mean guy who just goes around yelling and cussing at people. He just gives a crap about good, quality, fresh-prepared food, quality control, and not wasting; whether it's at home or out to eat. We'd all be better off with more people like that.

Last evening, I flipped the TV to one of my other favorite shows which just happens to be on BBC: Top Gear. And a certain somebody just happened to have a guest spot on that particular episode. I didn't think Tiegan was paying attention, but much to my surprise, she gasped...

"MOMMY! Is that Chef Ramsay?"
"Yes it is... how did you know that?"
"I like him." (with a sheepish grin and giggle)
"Oh you do, huh? Why's that?"
"I dunno... he's just... he has blonde hair like mine." (still with the silly grin)

So, in summary, my 3 year old daughter has a crush on Gordon Ramsay. That's not a bad thing, right? I mean... at least they bleep out the bad words on TV.

3 comments:

MacKenzie said...

LMFAO That is too cute. I have a crush on him too. HAHAH He's such a ballsy individual and that can win over any girls heart. Jeff adores TopGear...I think it's hilarious and the little guy so looks like a hobbit.

Anonymous said...

that's cute :-) my mom also has a crush on him. she constantly clogs our dvr with f word and kitchen nightmare marathons

Zoe said...

i call him the hot chef and peyton calls him the naughty chef. he loves to watch him...but hopefully he doesn't have a crush on him!