Sunday, July 12, 2009

Welcome, Sofia

As most of you already know from my tweets and Facebook, Sofia Quinn has finally arrived! I was induced at 7am on Friday, July 10, (at 41 weeks pregnant) and she came almost 13 hours later at 7:50pm. At birth, she weighed 7 lbs 8 oz. and was 18" long. Her size came as a huge surprise to us, being overdue and the ultrasound having predicted a whole pound heavier!



This labor was much different than when I had Tiegan, who was born just 7 short hours after I was induced. More on that another day, when I have time to write out a birth story.

Today was our first day home - we were discharged at noon. Tiegan is very interested in Sofia, and often asks to hold & help feed her. She's also content to play on her own while SQ is sleeping. So far it's been a good balance, but I'm sure we'll encounter obstacles. I'm confident we'll find our rhythm.


These past few days have been amazing for me. My recovery isn't nearly as painful as last time, although still pretty uncomfortable. Being able to simply walk has been such a blessing. I have been overcome by so many positive emotions these past 2 days, I'm just hoping it continues. We had amazing staff taking care of us the entire time (thank goodness).

Last night, SQ was resting her head on my shoulder when suddenly she looked up and rubbed her mouth & nose on my cheek. It sounds like such an insignificant thing, but it was so powerful to me. Like she knew I needed a little snuggling too. Maybe it's the hormones. I really feel like we have bonded incredibly.


2 comments:

heather said...

She's beautiful Ashley!
Congratulations to your new little family :)

Emilie said...

oh she is beautiful!!! Im so happy for you!