Monday, July 20, 2009

Back to the Real World

I have a question for all you working mothers out there.
How long after delivery did you return to work?

I'm thinking of returning after 2 weeks. The 2nd week is just beginning, so that would mean I'm actually considering (holy cow) going back to work next Monday. On one hand, we could really use that 2nd paycheck. Things have been really tight since I've been off work. Not to mention I stopped working 3 weeks before delivery!

But I just don't know if my heart can handle leaving both my children for 6-8 hours a day. Especially Sofia, who is still so tiny. I get sick at the thought of missing out on this short time in her life. Especially since I'm not affected by the Baby Blues this time around and am actually enjoying the newborn stage. I've had a huge burst of energy since Sofia was born, and I'm totally taking advantage of it by keeping the house straight and getting things done that I've been meaning to for months. And while I'm not busy being a Domestic Diva? I'm snuggling my little ladies. I. LOVE. Spending time with them.

I guess when it comes down to it, these memories and time spent with my kids are way more important than money. However, I would like to be able to shop for household staples without wringing our pockets dry. And our 2nd income really comes in handy when we want to go on memory-making trips... like to the zoo, or the ballpark. Both things we've been dying to do this summer that we just haven't been able to yet.

You can see how I'm really on the fence with this one. I keep arguing with myself in my head, and just when I think I have my mind made up... I change it.

1 comment:

Leslie Collins said...

That is a tough one....I will be returning back to work after 6 weeks. Thank goodness, I only work part time. I seriously don't think I could handle full time leaving my kids. You are part time too, right?

It's tough. I am totally not judging mom's who leave their kids full time....sometimes it just has to be done.

Okay, I am rambling..hahaha. If your finances are really taking a hit, then I would probably say go back. Make the best of your time w/ the girls, be thankful that you do have a job and a little extra money to do some fun things with them. :)

ps....i did get your facebook message....is thursday okay? i will call you...