Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Case of the Blahs

After going through and rearranging/organizing the bedrooms this morning, I have decided that the entire 2nd level of our house is too brown. And seriously needs style.

Our furniture is a mishmash of hand-me-downs, which I actually love the eclecticism of, but a lot of items need restoration. I wouldn't even mind painting a dresser or two in bright, eye-catching colors (like this kind of yellow). Just to be fun & quirky. My style is hard to explain. I really like offbeat things, and a mix of several genres. Like this, or this.

This is our bedroom... which, even after some hefty rearranging & organizing, still just looks like we threw some furniture in the corner of a room and called it good:


And this is Sofia's room, which also has the same feel...




I'm thinking we should ask the landlords if we can paint some walls. I'm really feeling uninspired!

No comments: