Thursday, July 16, 2009

Finally... Momentum

Yesterday was my first day as Supermom, a.k.a. my first day at home, alone, with both girls all day.

I am happy to report it was much easier than anticipated. Tiegan is old enough that she requires minimal help with everyday tasks. Thankfully that left enough time for me to still be able to play and spend quality time with her while Sofia slept. I did feel like I had to remind her endlessly to hush or be careful around Sofia's swing & bassinet, but that's probably just newborn paranoia.

And while Sofia was awake, Tiegan was my little assistant. I didn't even ask; she is just helpful by nature. I am trying to make sure she doesn't feel obligated to help me take care of her sis, but it's nice that she's interested. At one point, I had T on the couch to get ready for a nap and was changing Sofie's diaper. Just as I was finishing, I heard a very disappointed little voice from behind me, "but Mommyyyy, I wanted to throw Sofie's diaper away!" (sad about being stuck on the couch). Hey, kid... whatever floats your boat.

Breastfeeding is going much, much better. I was very close to giving up, because it just seemed like more work than it needed to be. But with some persistence, and the help of my mom and sister, it's like 2nd nature to us both now. It takes a little more planning, and more of my time, but it's worth it.

Not much else to report. I'm actually getting much better sleep now than when I was pregnant. Everything is falling into place. Happy.

No comments: