Sunday, July 5, 2009

Our 4th

We had a pretty fabulous 4th of July despite STILL being pregnant. I had no idea it was such a big to-do out here on the lake - these people take their Independence Day seriously! There was a boat parade, tons of BBQs and parties all around the lake, and later in the evening we hopped on the neighbor's pontoon with them to watch the fireworks.

The weather was a tad disappointing, but at least it didn't rain. It was just hazy all day. The bright kind of cloudy where you could use sunglasses but it still looks nasty out.




Tiegan made up "Happy Independence Day" songs to me. She loves singing to an audience.


Tiegan & Daddy watched the boat parade together - I caught a little bit of it, but was mostly inside making red, white & blue cake and cleaning the house for my parents' visit.


A little bit of the boat parade.



My parents & Tiegan - she told Boppy (my dad) she liked his "dress." HAHA!


I had a little too much fun playing with the frosting on my red, white & blue cake, and it turned out a little funny... but looked kind of cool on the inside...


And it was ohhhh so delicious. You can't see it, but there is also a layer of strawberry preserves in the middle. The coconut was a nice touch, too. The whole thing reminds me of superman ice cream.


Getting ready for the fireworks with her glow stick...


T had a fab time with Daddy on the neighbor's pontoon. I think this was her first-ever pontoon ride, and she told me that we definitely have to get one of our own. I agree.



Nothing like fireworks on the lake.

1 comment:

LeeAnn | {froggyleggs} said...

Such a cute dress on Tiegan!! And the cake looks YUMMY!! I really go for some cake right now!! lol!