Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Burn, Baby, Burn

At 2.5 weeks postpartum, and with 20 lbs. left to lose, I'm slowly feeling inclined to start exercising again.

As I stretched this morning on the living room floor, I had flashbacks of sweating away with Denise Austin's 7am shows on FitTV at our old house on Webster Street.


That woman helped me burn away 50 lbs. after I had Tiegan. It took me quite a while (almost a whole year) to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight, probably because I didn't exercise as religiously as I should have. And also because I was hooked on horribly fattening foods during my pregnancy with her, and it took me forever to adjust my diet back to an acceptable level.

This time I vowed that I would go at it full-on, hardcore as soon as I was feeling well enough to exercise. I'm so excited to be fit and trim again. But rather than just making that promise to myself, I'm putting it here as motivation. See, I'm not so great at keeping the promises I make to myself. So I figure if I put it out in the open, that gives me a better reason to stick with it. If I break a promise that exists only in my head, it's easy to talk myself out of feeling guilty. But if it's here in writing for everyone to see, I'd be embarrassed if I broke that promise and will have to shamefully and publicly fess up - which is something no one likes to do.

I started a set of crunches this morning and felt twinges in muscles I forgot existed. I realized how badly out of shape I am, and am mourning the loss of flexibility I once had. I'll get it back.

I would love to have these...



(for taking Sofia out on my own)


(for when Sofia is bigger/more stable in a front-facing stroller)

Dream on, sister. But hey - if anyone has a double stroller/carseat combo for sale on the cheap, I'd be interested. Right now I'm working with a 3 year old stroller that has a Case of the Missing Carseat, and I'm not quite ready to put Sofia in the forward-facing seat just yet. So tiny and wobbly - I'd like to see her and make sure she's got enough cradling support. That's where the Missing Carseat comes in.

SO. Now that I've forgotten where I was going with this blog... I'm off to eat a healthy lunch.

1 comment:

MacKenzie said...

You're flexibility will come back and pounds will drop off, don't worry :) I started working out right about the same time you are...for me that was too early b/c I didn't realize your stomach muscles seperate and if they are 3 finger widths apart don't do crunches. I felt like a freakin' bus hit me the next day. LOL Needless to say...I walked until like week 4 then I wasn't scared to do crunches again. haha.