Thursday, July 2, 2009

3 or 13?

This morning I got to thinking about something my doctor said at Tuesday's appointment. He said that I was measuring "right on" ... for my July 3rd due date. But after that he said, "but if we're going by the July 13th due date, you're measuring pretty big."

I completely forgot that my 20-week ultrasound back in February estimated the due date to be around July 13th after we had already determined that it was July 3rd according to conception date & my menstrual calendar. (Yes... I know the exact conception date. Happy birthday Jason! HAHA!)

They never officially pushed my due date back because in order for them to do that, it would have to be at least a 2-week difference. This was only a 10-day difference, so they decided to keep July 3rd as my official due date. However, apparently he is still keeping July 13th in the back of his mind? For some reason I thought they totally disregarded this because he hasn't mentioned it since... until this week.

If he is actually considering July 13th to be a possible due date, then I am for sure measuring big. I would be concerned about going any longer, and this baby getting even bigger. Perhaps that's why he ordered a EFW ultrasound for next Tuesday if I happen to still be pregnant by then (he doesn't seem to think I will be, but this stubborn baby might just prove him wrong). What will he decide based upon the results of this ultrasound? Who knows.

I had a dream last night that my water broke. Not long thereafter, a contraction woke me up. But that's nothing new... it's been happening about 5-10 times a night since last week. They always seem to be more intense at night.

I think it will be perfect if Sofia arrives this evening after Jason gets home from work, since he has tomorrow & the rest of the weekend off. But I'm just making up scenarios in my head, which I promised myself I wouldn't do, because I always get my hopes up.

Very strange to see my baby ticker over there tell me I have 1 day left. It will happen when it happens!

No comments: