Thursday, July 23, 2009

Home Front

It's a very strange day here in Wonderland. Rain AND sun, at the same time? Not to mention... 60 degrees in the middle - nay, END - of July???

I can't speak for the girls, but I definitely have cabin fever. I literally haven't left the house in days. Sofia probably couldn't care less, but poor Tiegan is constantly asking if we can go out and play catch/feed the fish/feed the ducks/get our feet wet/go for a walk. Sorry, sweetness, looks like rain & storms for the next FOREVER. So, I promised we'd have a movie day today. If her attention span holds out.

Isn't winter long & tedious enough for trying to discover indoor activities? Did we have to tack on time during the summer, too? Especially for our first summer here at the LAKE? Sigh.

I will look on the bright side - at least this weather gives me time to get my body back in swimsuit condition. I am happy to report that every day, I wake up with a smaller tummy. It's a very gradual process. I can't wait until I can start exercising hardcore again. As of the other day, I have already lost 20 of the 40 pounds I gained during pregnancy. I still might have to buy all new jeans, though. My butt has informed me that it's not goin' anywhere. Thankfully, Jason is pretty thrilled about that.

Oh, and - it's official - I am going back to work August 3rd. I knew I needed to quit hemming and hawing and just make a decision already. I concluded that the longer I stay home, the less I'll want to go back to work. I'm giving myself one more week to mentally prepare. I am still a little squeamish about the fact that my dear baby will only be 3 weeks old when we start shipping her off, but at least she's not going to a daycare with a bunch of strangers. She will be with her sister and great-grandma every day. Thankfully I only work part-time and Jason has much better hours at his new job.

So, unlike before when we would let Tiegan stay the night a couple times a week at grandma's because Jason gets out at some ungodly hour and we're all exhausted... we will be able to drop the girls off in the morning, and pick them up after work (before dinnertime). Perfect! Now if we could only get that 2nd car we need...

One more random note before I leave you feeling like you completely wasted 10 (or however many) minutes reading this pointless blog:
My friends Jen & Brittney came over for a visit the other day, and Jen took some lovely photos of Miss Q-Bug (how that became her nickname, I'm not really sure - I just started calling her that one day). To see a preview, check out Jen's photography blog: jlynnimagery.blogspot.com. They're pretty darn awesome. :)

No comments: