Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A love so strong

Things are starting to fall into place around here. Sofia is fitting in swimmingly. Of course there are some things that are completely out of whack - like, for instance: my center of gravity, everyone's sleep patterns, and my boobs.

I bottle-fed Tiegan right from the get go. I just had no interest in breastfeeding and wanted my body all to myself as soon as she was born. This time, I was feeling a little less uncomfortable with the idea and thought I'd give it a try. It's not going very well. I'm exhausted from trying, and poor Sofia is getting frustrated. It's only been 3 days, though, and I'm not giving up hope just yet. Thankfully my sister is a breastfeeding advocate, and is very well educated on the subject, so she's been a huge help.

I have a feeling that our daughters will be, for Jason & me, just like my sister & I were for our parents. That is to say - Tiegan and Jason resemble my sister & father, and Sofia and I resemble me with my mother. Um... does that make sense?

Tiegan and Jason are so much alike. She is really a Daddy's Girl when it comes down to it. They get along so well, and she usually goes to him first when she needs something, but they are also both extremely stubborn and can butt heads like crazy. Just like my sister & my dad. Sofia is my little snuggler. She & I bonded straight away. So far, I'm the only one that can calm her just by holding her close. My intuition says she will be a Mommy's girl, just like I am with my mom. I was always closer with my mom, and now that I'm an adult, we're practically best friends.

Can I just mention what a great husband & father Jason is? We have agreed to take turns tending to Sofia at night - last night was his night and he was wonderful. She was up every 10 minutes, refusing to sleep unless she was held. His patience was definitely tested, but he was still chipper and sweet as ever this morning. My post-delivery nurse in the hospital even commented on how great he was. She said she went home after her first shift with us, and told her husband about what a nice change of pace it was to see a father who was so involved. Poor guy is definitely outnumbered, but I can tell - his girls are his world.

1 comment:

LeeAnn | {froggyleggs} said...

You look great Ashley!! I love that you are doing well with bonding with Sofia! Im soo looking forward to the baby cuddling up with me as well!