Tuesday, July 7, 2009

We Have a Date!

Finally, we have a conclusion to this madness!

I had my ultrasound & doctor's appointment today. Ultrasound tech estimated baby's weight to be about 8.5 lbs currently. YIKES. If I haven't already mentioned it, Tiegan was 7 lbs, 10 oz. at 38 weeks when she was born. I realize the u/s is just an estimate - I'm thinking it was on the generous side and she's not really that big. (A mother can hope, right?)

What you're seeing in the image is a little hard to make out, I know (unless you're LeeAnn!). It's the best snapshot I could get - the image of her face was pretty distorted because the placenta was right in front of it. You can see her fingers, as it says - in a fist shape. Oh, and it's definitely a girl. We got a clear shot of that!

So. Despite the contractions, my doctor says it wouldn't do any good to induce right away since I'm only dilated to 1cm. He wanted to wait until this weekend, when he will be on call, and maybe my contractions will have made a little bit of headway by then (I doubt it, since they haven't for 2 weeks!).

Either way, I'm scheduled to be induced Friday, July 10. Seven whole days past my due date. I can't believe I've made it this far, but I don't doubt I will continue to make it to Friday.

Finally, I can relax a little bit. I know what day it's going to happen, and I can prepare a little bit. I now have that kick of motivation I needed to whip some things into shape around the house.

Tiegan was at her grandma's when Jason called to let them know what the plan was. He told Tiegan over the phone that Sofia was coming Friday. She said, "She IS?? GRAM!!!! My sister's coming FRIDAY!!!!" I can't wait to see the look on her face when she meets her little sis for the first time.

No comments: