Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Thinkin' about you, not me

They're heeeeeere!



Jason will be hooking them up today (he just dropped them off yesterday). I have sooo much laundry to do. Depending on if he runs into any problems or not, I may be spending the entire evening after work doing laundry in the basement. I can't wait to hear the hum of the dryer from the comfort of my own living room, with the smell of fabric softener seeping through the house...

Only thing is... I think we might have a mold problem in the basement. If that's the case, we shouldn't be spending too much time down there. Just another thing to think about on our already busy minds.

I hate to be a whiner, but these past couple weeks I've been extremely uncomfortable and barely able to walk. It's hard to describe... I have a conglomeration of strange, constant pains way down low in my pelvis that, combined, make being on my feet in general absolutely miserable. I'm mostly bummed that I can't enjoy this beautiful weather to its fullest now that it's finally starting to warm up outside. I'm also frustrated that I can't get the exercise I'd like, and therefore I can't really stay in shape.

I have another appointment on the 28th but I have a feeling I'll want to be seen again before that. The sad part is, I almost don't want to waste my time because I know I'll just be blown off as usual. My sister decided to deliver her baby at UofM at the last minute, after seeing the same doc as mine for her entire pregnancy. She was so happy with her decision, and my mom (an RN) keeps ranting and raving about how well they take care of their patients there. They seem to be pretty thorough in making their diagnoses with tests and exams, rather than just going on spoken word. Also, when a woman is in active labor, she is her nurse's ONLY patient, unlike at our hospital where nurses have several patients at once (last I knew). I'm contemplating a switch up to the U myself, but I just hate to inconvenience everyone for my sake.

1 comment:

MacKenzie said...

I say go for it. Your family wants you to be comfortable and Jason wants you to be comfortable. So it wouldn't be an inconvenience for anyone. If we have another baby, I'm going to go up to U of M. I had a really good nurse here, her name was Sue...and when I was there with Jocelyn, Barb was my nurse. They both were excellent. I know when I was getting close to pushing Sue never left the room for a good two hours or so...but other than that she was in and out about every 30 minutes. But I think that's normal, just for privacy etc.