Monday, May 11, 2009

Hope for Tomorrow.

You might find me slightly irritable today.

Work was great, as usual. But on my way home, things just started falling apart. Nothing Earth-shattering of course, but you know how we hormone-infested women blow everything out of proportion.
  • Tiegan is sick. So far it's just the sniffles. She's staying overnight at her grandmother's house and I miss her.
  • My pulled groin/whatever flared back up today after several times getting in & out of the car. It's extremely frustrating not being able to do normal things.
  • I'm pretty sure Sofia's dropped. It doesn't feel so great.
  • The one and only pair of pants that fit me, coincidentally, are insanely itchy around the waistline.
  • I tried calling Jason on his cell to inform him that his daughter was staying the night @ his grandma's house. I couldn't get through because his service had been shut off. But I know his bill was paid. He called me later from his office and the mystery was solved - his friend, with whom he shares a plan, had used up ALL their minutes. All nine hundred of them. In the world of cell phone plan-sharing etiquette, this is a huge no-no. Especially when you're sharing minutes with someone who has a family and a pregnant wife who's getting close to her due date. I guess that's what Jason gets for being nice and helping a friend when he needed a cell phone by letting him share his plan.
That last one was my biggest annoyance of the day. This kind of stuff continually happens with this person. He's been a friend of J's for a looong time, and he's always been nice to me, so I keep my mouth shut. But lately it's just been one huge screw-over after another.

Today isn't all gloom and doom, though.

I just found out that our landlords are going to buy a washer and dryer for the house. Also, they're getting a dehumidifier for the basement. They said they like us and want us to stick around for a while... and also that they can sympathize with having to haul laundry elsewhere, especially with kids. They are pretty cool landlords.

I just realized it's time to pick up Jason from work. And it's still light out. Tomorrow's supposed to be a gorgeous day. It's his day off and I only work noon-5. Hoorah!

No comments: